Subject: [Leica] Re: Heavy Duty Travel Case Recommendations Needed
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:02:44 -0700

Go here:

http://www.jensentools2.com/dept.asp?lang=eng&parent_id=55750&parent_name=Sh
ipping+Cases&dept_id=55745

These cases are industrial strength and commonly used for electronic
equipment. I have several of these, different sizes, some with wheels and
handles, some without. They will do the job. They are far tougher than any
savage baggage handler. Call Jensen and ask for a catalog or peruse their
web site. Use a Dymo (or other) label maker and label your case:

PATHOLOGY LABORATORY SPECIMENS

My cases so far have logged over 400,000 air miles without incident.

That said, I carry most of my photo equipment on board in a Porter case.

http://www.portercase.com/photoplus.htm

Which has proven to be a godsend as it folds out, turning into a dolly on
which you can carry the rest of your luggage. The Porter case is not meant
to be sent as checked luggage. It is carry on luggage. I have the Photoplus
case and replaced the dividers with foam with cutouts for my cameras. Since
this case is on wheels and will also carry the rest of your luggage via its
dolly feature, its weight (other than lifting it into the overhead) seems
moot. You can, with ease, carry your MF and 35mm cameras and keep them with
you.

Jim