Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MLU pre-release
From: David Morgan <morgdm@itl.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 12:58:08 +0100

Thanks to Doug for those comments. I tried his suggestions of checking for
meter readings, and, yes, the meter is turned off. The camera works in
mechanical mode with the pin depressed.

Also, my apologies. I had always assumed that the wheel or dial just to the
left of the viewfinder was a mirror lock-up and eyepiece blank, and so have
used it religiously for close-up work. Following Doug's comments I re-read
the manual, and checked the camera. It is not a mirror lock up. A case of
RTFM !!