Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of magazines........
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 15:37:24 -0700

Andrew Schroter wrote:

>>While I haven't seen the book, it's fund raising goal is
> admirable.  It sure beats fundraising by eating rubbery chicken!  While
its
> fair to criticize Bryan's work, I think its inappropriate and unfair to
tell
> him to stick to his music.  Tell him what aspect of his photography he
needs
> to improve is a very appropriate and supportive measure<<<<

Hi Andrew,
Yep the fund raising was a very admirable goal for the cause it represented
and that was the main reason I bought my copy.

However, the photography on an overall basis is so mediocre that even an
amateur would deep six into file 13 many of the images.

And as far as giving Adams lessons on photography with his Leica I'd be only
too pleased to or I might suggest he attend my Leica Seminar in
Kennebunkport October 2001. ;-)

>>.  I'm just concerned about the behavior here.<<

Sorry mate I'm not sure who's behavior you're concerned about, "mine or
Bryan Adams?"

But in the case of a book being published with the photographs done by a
"personality" that is second rate at best, I as a professional
photojournalist feel I can rag him, Canadian to Canadian. And when the title
of the book is:  "Made in Canada." and it's so bad, I feel it reflects on
the professionals of my country.

I trust this explains my feelings as it's merely an unloading about a
personality and producing    lousy results!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant