Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 or....
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 06:48:16 -0700

I like to get the bodies new and buy lenses used.  There's a lot more to go
wrong with the bodies than the M lenses.  I recently dropped my 2 year old
M6 TTL, and Leica is happily readjusting the RF, checking the battery drain,
meter and shutter speed under the passport warranty.  Right now you can get
10% off if you watch for a "Leica Days" which are scheduled on their
website, plus get a $200 rebate, all with the passport warranty.  That
brings the body down to $1600 for brand new with a passport warranty, which
is as cheap as any grey market, and why buy used at $1300-1400 when you can
have new at $1600?

Tom Schofield

Message from Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 or....)