Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 or....
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 08:26:10 -0400

Dear Alex:
	Buy M equipment used, at least for the body. If you change your mind
later, you can sell it without much (if any) loss. If you like it, it
will last forever.
	I note that quite a few Bessa owners have had problems with shutter,
meter, rangefinder, etc. In many instances, the importer simply replaces
the camera, if still under warranty. Repair is not cost effective. Does
this tell us something about quality/longevity?
	Lenses are another story. Cosina/"Voigtlander" has been producing some
remarkably cost effective lenses, which you may use on an M body with a
small adapter. The Ultron 35/1.7 would be a good start.  On the other
hand, a used 50/2 Summicron can be had for $500, not that much more than
a new Nokton.
	Do you have the opportunity to hold the cameras, and see how they feel
and sound when you fire the shutter? I think this might help you decide.
;+)
	Phil Stiles NH USA