Subject: Re: [Leica] model releases etc.
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 19:46:04 -0500

Dan,

I could not agree with you more.   I spent many years in a serious career of
photojournalism, working for a major market CBS affiliate.  While there were
many painful moments that I had to record,  I always tried to be respectful
of those people whose lives were being touched by tragedies, large and
small.

When I posted  my street shooting spoof last month of the Boy Scouts, (
http://www.sonc.com/street_shooting.htm )  I got several complimentary
emails, but to my dismay, others thought the picture a serious attempt at
"street photography"  and roundly criticised it with, "that's not street
shooting!"

While I find elegance in much of what is called street photography, there's
a good bit of it that I find demeaning and intrusive to the subjects.  While
some may call it bold, much of it,  while not illegal, is just bad manners.

Regards,

SonC

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (RE: [Leica] model releases etc.)
Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] model releases etc.)