Subject: Re: [Leica] re: right to display or use images
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:13:25 -0700

henry wrote:

> >I wonder what the results might be if you were to make a small label attached
> >to the cassette and/or processing envelope that read "The prints from this
> >film are copyrighted material and may not be used without express written
> >permission of the photographer."
> >
> >Lea
>
> I don't think it matters.
> They can't display your work just because they say so!
>
> Use a real lab and this won't happen.
> They ASK me and THANK me for displaying my stuff at the local pro lab.
>
> Henry

I would think that a lab which made copies of your images would go directly to
jail do not pass go.
A lab which actually USED these images for anything would ejected right off of
planet earth or sent to the Fantom zone!
Their "waver" would get laughed out of any court.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/