Subject: [Leica] display of wedding images
From: Thomas Herbert <iphoto@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 23:42:32 -0600

Pascal,

Actually you're wrong. In the US one can take a photo of anyone in public
and display it, sell it or whatever. I did it all the time not just with
weddings, but with people who hated me taking their photos, ex: Demi Moore,
Ted Turner, Bruce Willis, Barbara Streisand, and others.

The legal terminology used is "does the person have a reasonable expectation
to privacy" and in ANY public venue (street, church, anywhere but their
private property) the answer is no and has been backed up by case after
case. Maybe I'll take a picture of you in secret grocery shopping.

HEY, anyone wanna buy a photo of Pascal??

- --
Thomas Herbert
(915) 546-2342
iphoto@elp.rr.com