Subject: RE: [Leica] Film Scanner recommendation
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:48:18 -0400

At 10:17 AM 5/21/01 -0400, you wrote:
> > I've also ordered the roll-film adapter that is supposed to
> > be here this week.  I'll be able to scan in a whole roll of uncut film to
> > make contact sheets and edit them quickly.  The added grain reduction
> > software and color restoration software also work great.
>
>Tina,
>
>Have you found any focusing problems with the negatives not laying perfectly
>flat?  I read something to this effect about the 4000, since its resolution
>is so fine now.  I wonder if that would particularly be a problem when using
>roll film.
>
>Dan

Dan -

I plan to use the roll film scanner for quick, low-resolution scans to edit
and make contact sheets.  The flatness shouldn't be a problem for those
scans.  Using the low resolution scans, I will select the ones I want to
mount in Gepe mounts and scan at highest resolution for filing and
archiving on CD's.  Right now I'm doing a rough edit on the light box and
mounting almost everything.  The roll film scanner should be a big help
with my editing.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com