Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Scanner recommendation
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:13:44 -0400

At 11:49 AM 5/21/01 +0200, you wrote:

>Tina, I have a LS-2000, and I'm seriously thinking of getting the
>LS-4000. What are the main differences and improvements (if any) you
>have noticed in the new 4000?
>
>Thanks (and congratulations for your work!).
>

>Daniele Coliva
>Bologna, Italia
>dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it

Hi, Daniele -

The 4000 has a great dynamic range and can scan at higher dpi.  Files that
used to be 25 MB at maximum scanning resolution with the 2000 are 65 MB
with the 4000.  I've also ordered the roll-film adapter that is supposed to
be here this week.  I'll be able to scan in a whole roll of uncut film to
make contact sheets and edit them quickly.  The added grain reduction
software and color restoration software also work great.

Hope this helps!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com