Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 35 f1.7
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:12:46 -0400

Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com> wrote:

> I upgraded from a 1960s 35f2 just like yours to a 35f2 Summicron
> asph. Except at full aperture, the difference in quality is much less
> than you might imagine - bordering on unnoticeable. I haven't tried
> the Voigtlander, but I doubt that it will outshine your 8 element lens.

I agree with this. The 35 Summicron in all its versions is a flat-out great
lens. No need to feel inferior if yours is an older model. I have the Voigt
35 Ultron...bought it primarily for my IIIf. It's a nice lens, certainly
sharper and more contrasty than my old LTM 35 Summaron. But my
first-generation (c. 1962) Summicron produces richer looking images.

- -Dave-