Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Recognition (On the Black Tape Topic)
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:49:40 +0200

From: "Douglas Landrum"

> The Leica camera, R or M, is the most unimpressive camera, with whatever
> lens, in present production.
>
> That is - to the world of those that don't know otherwise.
>
> The general public knowledge is that the top makes are Canon and Nikon.
> Leica, Contax, Hassey, Rollei and other brands are just not on the radar
> scope.

Doug, you have the point!

In Krakow there are no M's. Two R3 in private hands, and that's all.
A "proffessional" camera is a Nikon, Minolta. Not Canon EOS, as it
is here called an 'amateur' camera, even those 1N or 3.

I don't understand your blacktape frenzy. You see; one of my friends
bought a bicycle. Very expensive one, so he painted it with a minia
(a paint put on bare metal, dark red in colour, looks like rust)
making bike look ugly. But it wasn't enough and he badly wanted
to hide all those Shimano XT levers and gears, to be able to put
his bike for a minute out of his view without major heart attack.
So he mounted Shimano SIS on his beloved bike....
...and bike was stolen yesterday by drunk teenager

Are you equally stupid?

- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace