Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: re-Black tape flavors
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:40:48 -0700

><Snip>
>
> I got tape on my cameras.
> Not all of them, just the hard use ones.
> If Leica made a rubber armored M6 I'd have one of those!
>
> Henry
> ; >)

I took the tape off my Leica's when it looked like they were going under about 3
years ago.
The tape was one less thing to worry about.

I walked into my darkroom a year or two ago with a roll of black tape and a pair
of sizzlers to Blacktape some distracting logos. It is amazing how many logo's
there are in my darkroom although half of them were on stereo equipment. I had
little eye-catching brand names grabbing my eyeballs attention from every corner
about every 2 feet. Black tape took care of it. The feel of walking into my
darkroom now is much different but of course with the lights on. I really do
feel like my attention is on the gear in there better. A much more functional
feeling room.

I know this is a lot to bite off but you'll have to try it yourself to believe it.

OH and i Blacktape the big white ugly CALUMET on the Lensboard of my NX.
It says CAMBO on the knobs very nicely but that CALUMET just ruins it and really
is obnoxious.
The idea of a Chicago instead of Dutch camera didn't really appeal to me but
then i realized Deardorf was a made in Chicago camera. And isn't that the all
time considered to be best camera ever made?
http://www.craigcamera.com/deardorf.htm
:)

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon