Subject: Re: [Leica] Here's my portfolio...judge for yourself!
From: shino@ubspainewebber.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 05:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
>
> My 400/5.6 still raises some eyebrows. You don't find many pistol grips on
> modern lenses. Pistol grips, as we all know,  dissapeared long before metal
> lens shades; and were never that common from the start.

someone should correct me if i relate this  incorrectly, but i recall
that equipment bearing pistol grips were classified by the Brady Bill
of 1994 as "assault cameras" and strong restrictions were placed upon their
sales, transfer and disposal.  also manufacture of magazines containing more
than 12 exposures were so controlled.  A16 and A24s manufactured prior
to 1994 are not affected.

- -rei