Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Black tape flavors?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:50:20 -0500

jim_brick@agilent.com (Jim Brick)5/16/018:26 AM

> Why in hell would anybody stick tape on their camera?
>
> What possible reason could there be?
>
> If someone is afraid to use a camera because someone might see
the camera,
> they should not be there, photographing, in the first place.
When people
> (John Q. Public) look at someone taking photographs, they look
at the
> photographer, NOT THE CAMERA.

Two reasons that I have, on occasion taped my cameras:
1) when working in a known high-crime area, I want to make the
cameras look as shabby and unidentifiable as possible. While John
Q. Public may look at the photographer, John Thief Doe will look
at the hardware and the software to determine his/her moves.
2) when working in very dirty and/or dangerous situations, where
I know the cameras will be swinging and hot metal, soot and fine
dust will be flying (this is also when I'll put a UV filter on
the lens).

George

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Black tape flavors?)