Subject: Re: [Leica] Black tape flavors?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:17:52 -0700

C. L. Basso, K.C.S., M.Sc wrote:
<<<<> I'm going to be shooting the Detroit Electronic Music Festival in a
week and a half and figure black tape for my Ms might not be too bad an
idea.  What kind do you folks use - plain vinyl electrical tape, or is there
something special? <<<

Mr. Basso,
In the event your post isn't tongue in cheek, may I ask, "Why?"  I mean it's
some kind of music event where the lighting will probably be wild and
wonderful for photography and everyone is going to be paying attention to
the musicians and not a Leica carrying photographer and his toys. So why
bother black taping them, only to clean them later.

window to cut RF flare, so something that will come off easily when I want
it to with little residue is preferred).<<<<

And this is so easily corrected by merely shifting the camera ever so
slightly without mucking up a fine piece of gear with gooey stuff, tape or
otherwise.

Given this kind of music situation, it's probably at a decibel range to blow
your eardrums, so I'd be far more concerned with recommendations for an
excellent set of ear plugs!

Now that's a far better question and may well save you from wearing bionic
ears in later life. ;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant