Subject: RE: [Leica] feuds
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 22:06:45 -0600

Marc,

You certainly are an expert, though your analysis of the Arian controversy
and the politics of the time is certainly quite simplistic.

Also,

> It really isn't fair to reduce these matters into simplistic
> terms nor, for
> that matter, to use theologic matters in an effort to make a point of
> logic, as all religion, ultimately, is a matter of faith.

I seem to recall that while studying for my theology degrees, and I was
lucky enough to do so under some of Britain's most distinguished theologians
and biblical scholars - Stephen Sykes, John Webster, C.K. Barrett; John
MacQuarrie; Jimmy Dunn; C.F.D Moule, Maurice Wiles, George Dragas and
others; that most theology has about as much relation to religion as law
does to justice.

And  theology (not religion, which is merely one among many areas that
theology studies) is about logic as much as it is about faith and oft times
has very little to do with the latter.

Tim Atherton