Subject: Re: [Leica] Which One: 90 mm f/2 Summicron or 90 mm f/2.8 Elmarit?
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:43:43 -0500

>In a message dated 5/14/01 4:04:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:
>
><< When i get my results back i cant always remember which lens i had on
>which
> body. >>
>
>Mark, am I missing something? If there is a significant difference, isn't it
>supposed to show?       Best,     Seth      LaK 9

Actually, I am kinda following Mark on this.
I think what he means is that he's shooting so much of it at f8 or 11
with flash in the studio that there's not any difference.

Then when he's out wandering for pics he's always happy to have the
faster lens for lower light.

I have both and from f4 on I can't tell a bit of difference. Maybe the
APO is better because its heavier and holds steadier. But if you're
carrying a lot and not using it much the Elmarit is a great compact lens.

I do think that the 90 APO at f2 is maybe slightly better than the 90
Ellmarit M at f2.8. So one stop faster and a bit better. But almost twice
the money.

Henry