Subject: Re: [Leica]Songs my grain magnifier taught me...Was Konicagate
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 07:06:12 -0400

on 5/13/01 8:47 PM, Dan States at dstate1@hotmail.com wrote:

> If you REALLY want to find out how crappy your technique is just use a grain
> focusing magnifier with a fine grain black and white film.
>
> You will never again believe there is any such thing as depth of field and
> you will swear that you have a constant case of the jitters!

yes, or just start shooting 4x5.

I compared one of my negs with a DOF table and almost fell off my chair.
THIS is supposed to be IN FOCUS? Of course it is, just about, on an 8x10,
but man it gave me the shivers looking at the neg. Same for camera shake
handheld.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com