Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: RE: Konica fiction
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 14:18:22 -0400

At 01:22 AM 5/14/2001 +0800, Dr. Joseph Yao wrote:
>If my memory serves me well, this is what my father heard from Dr. Walter
>Mandler during his visit to Leitz Midlands in the early '80s.

Thanks.  This would be most odd, as Ernst Leitz III seems to have hammered
his optical staff ruthlessly to produce zoom lenses in the 1960's, but they
were unable to do this at a cost which the declining Leitz fortune would
allow.  I'll have to ask Emil Keller about this.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!