Subject: Re: [Leica] Xpan vs 6x17
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 21:58:02 +0800

Peter

That is very interesting. I know how impressive the 6x17 images are -
wonderful as transparencies especially. I know some agencies dupe up all the
35mm panoramics onto 6x17 because they sell better but of course the quality
is not to same. Printing 6x17 is troublesome in most places.

You might be surprised by how many fancy panoramic cameras are in use in
China. I believe it is the number one market for Seitz who have quite a
number of state of the art slit enlarging systems around the People's
Republic. Not used the service myself but would love to have some 80 foot
enlargements done one day!

Bests

Adrian
- --