Subject: Re: [Leica] supporting leica!
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 06:59:34 +0800

> One of the problems with Leica (as a professional tool), which
> Nikon and Canon do not suffer from is remarkable after sales,
> professional support.

George

One grows used to it: they are a small company and users have to adapt to
their MO unfortunately. My formula is to have a lot of back up and to keep a
full EOS system going in addition. Expensive but then there are not many
practical alternatives and for most of my time in China I have had to have a
lot of backup because until recently neither Canon nor Nikon (which I used
earlier) had pro facilities. Canon now has better service here in Beijing
than anywhere else I have worked: usually while-you-wait and never more than
24 hours for anything and cheap too.
Leica will I fear never reach this level but they do at least repair most
things they have made for the last 70+ years whilst 7 years seems to be
pushing it for many Canon and Nikon products...

Rs

Adrian
- --
Adrian Bradshaw