Subject: Re: [Leica] LA LUG
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 09:06:48 -0700

Greetings:

Sorry I missed all of you. It never fails that I'm out of town or buried
on a deadline. Next time you'll have to go to Phillip's Home of the
French Dip for lunch. Keep me posted on the next one. I promise to keep
my mouth shut and to just work the gear.
Got the new 21mm f4 Color-Skopar from Stephen Gandy yesterday. Wow, what
a package. They even offset the brightline finder. The old finders
interfered with changing the shutter speed on the LTM bodies. On the M,
it aligns the finder more over the lens, a very nice touch. But the
weight and size, I think that they will have to ampute the set-up out of
my hands once I start using it on a regular basis. Hell, I might be even
tepmpted to use color with it.
Once I get my IIIa back from Camera Service Center, this 21mm will be
permanently welded to it. As things would have it, Rudy Ling himself is
rebuilding this IIIa. But it never fails that he's always on vacation
when I bring something in.

Best,
 Slobodan Dimitrov