Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: 6x9/6x7/6x4.5 rangefinders
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 18:12:36 +0100

George Kenney

"The Teamworkphoto gear arrived this afternoon. The RW shipment
is now being held by US Customs because RW didn't fill out the
customs declaration properly. Needless to say, I'm peeved at RW,
but don't intend to return the second set of camera gear because I
think, to be fair, there was a series of accidents involved, and while
RW is mainly to blame, I was too impatient and expected the
internet to work at 100% (I should know better)."

I've never had problems with RW, but I think in the circumstances I would
have resorted the the old fashioned telephone.

I'm glad you're pleased with Teamwork, they're a good crowd. It's a tiny
shop, but they keep some hard-to-find items, and I often pop in to see what
they have s/h (though I have resisted the w/a Ebony they have on
display...it's been a struggle).

They are - it has to be said - capable of being *astonishingly* off-hand
when you visit in person, something I've never understood because it doesn't
seem to happen when they're especially busy.

Having said that, it only happened a couple of times, and they've been most
pleasant on my recent visits (maybe it had something to do with my dragging
young Honeyball in there to buy a Wista 5x4 technical, two Schneider lenses
and a carbon fibre tripod).

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk