Subject: RE: [Leica] Konica facts
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 23:49:38 -0600

Aw common Mark, you're a great photographer - but BS!

There is really no such thing as Leica photography - only photography you do
with a Leica - full stop.

The Leica is just a tool - a pretty good one most of the time, but it often
falls short in different way. To get the job done I often  take along other
cameras because the Leica M won't always do what is needed. (shooting
Armenian diamond cutters in a night club on new years eve when it's
basically too dark even to see through the viewfinder of an M apart from the
odd blinding flash of disco light! - AF and ttl flash) Like any tool it has
it's limitations and I take photographs, make images. I don't just pack up
and go home because it's a shot the leica won't do. I love what my M does,
but it's not always the first camera I grab. And I often take the same shots
with my Nikon as I would with the Leica, because the Leica is in my hand -
they aren't Nikon photography because of it... they are just photography.

Tim A

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Konica facts)