Subject: Re: [Leica] limits part 4
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:02:12 +0100

On 3 Jan 01, at 14:31, B. D. Colen wrote:

> But I always thought that Leicas, particularly Leica Ms, were PJ
> cameras, documentary cameras, street shooting cameras, oh God - happy
> snap cameras....and that what they were used for was capturing
> fleeting images....

Can be, but a fleeting image may be one walked past that may not
be seen again, whether a landscape, or architecture, or still life.
The advantage of the Leica M is that it is small and can capture
outstanding images in places and time that one wouldn't be
carrying a larger format camera. You want the ultimate in resolution
at any time, break your back carrying a sheet film camera
everywhere.