Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:25:14 -0500

>I'm real interested because i tend to stop real down when i use wide angles.
>When i use wide angles i want EVERYTHING in focus. F11 is normal, f8 makes
>me a
>little antsy, and F16 gives be that warm fuzzy feeling.
>Telephotos however for me (and many) are all about edge; a thin area of
>sharpness with everything falling off in both directions; shooting wide
>open or
>stopped down one or two.
>To all of a sudden realize that i should be doing the opposite to get the
>best
>out my optics really throws me!!!
>Shoot wides wide open but stop way down with teles? forgetaboutit!!
>The only thing I've ever heard from Henning I've not liked!?
>

>Mark Rabiner
Mark,
I think you have the 24M ?
It is INCREDIBLE at f4, 5.6, 8.
At higher apertures I seem to get great overall sharpness but NOT the
same kind of incredible sharpness that occurs at the mid-apertures. Not
that its bad when stopped down, its just noticably better from f4-f8.

Henry

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm)