Subject: RE: [Leica] Talk me out of a Summilux Purchase
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 11:44:41 -0500

Mark

>>Is there a plan B. lens shade for that thing?
the lenses are about the same size but the Summilux shade really turns it
into a
handful much more than the Summicron. I can't see walking around with that
all
day. I do the Summicron Asph 35!<<

Plan B would be not to use a lens shade at all, I guess. I've used a naked
Lux and contrast is still rock solid. I think it's MC'ed with kryptonite.
That's why it's slightly green. It's also why the lens is so expensive. Mine
even moreso as I have the special edition "Lex Luther Lux". Superman, of
course, has to use the Non-KMC lens. But he's strong enough to lug the shade
around all day.

Dave