Subject: Re: [Leica] what a funny bunch that LUG is!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:25:34 -0400

Kyle (Do you have any friends name Eric, Stan, or Kenny? )
Right you are! This place is Ground Zero for the unusual, fast becoming
Weirdo-Central.
Personally, I am glad to contribute!
From a sociological standpoint I would ponder this. Is the world REALLY
inhabited by so many strange people with such a common thread of
eccentricity, or is the sample skewed in our eyes because it is the
eccentric who gravitate toward the internet?
Sort of wondering about the old question of correlation. We had a question
one time about the fallacy of assuming causality when looking at
correlations. For example, the inseam length of ones' trousers correlate
quite closely to ones height. To assume that longer trousers might make you
taller, therefore, is a fallacy of causality.
So the question is- what is the cause of the Lug being a funny bunch? Is it
because of the high correlation of Leica ownership? The use of computers?
Hey! I see a potential thesis subject here!!!

Dan (If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow
that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged,
models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, dry cleaners depressed, and Leica
users exposed?) Post