Subject: Re: [Leica] BE AWARE OF CRAPPY CURRENT LEICA QUALITY CONTROLS!!!!
From: "Barney Quinn, Jr." <barney@ncep.noaa.gov>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 10:06:08 -0400

Usually I just lurk, but I find myself in a situation where I want ( I hesitate
to say need :-) )to get a different SLR. Last year, as a creative journey I
wanted to take, I traded my EOS 1n for an all but unused F1. The journey lead me
back to my M6, but I'll save the details for another post should anyone be
interested.

I have things narrowed down to an R8, an F3 which comes with some great
glassware, or a new EOS body with a 28 to 70 f2.8  L lens. I need an SLR because
I do a lot of close ups of flowers. (I've heard, by the way, that the Leica 60mm
macro is a hell of a lens.) Metering is a key issue for me. I believe that
photography is really paining and writing with light, and I do a lot of work in
tough lighting situations. A great deal of my stuff is back lit.

What am I getting into if I get the R8 and the 28 to 80 mm zoom. One of the best
cameras in the world? Or a piece of overpriced jewelry not made in Germany by a
company who can do nothing right and who is on the verge of going out of
business equipped with a with a Sigma lens that only someone with more money
than brains would buy all of which will brand me as an idiot who can't manage
his money when he is seen in public with it?

Barney

Replies: Reply from lea <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] BE AWARE OF CRAPPY CURRENT LEICA QUALITY CONTROLS!!!!)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] BE AWARE OF CRAPPY CURRENT LEICA QUALITY CONTROLS!!!!)