Subject: Re: [Leica] Air freight shipments - UK to Canada
From: John Hudson <xyyc@home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:13:04 -0700

Bernard Cousineau wrote:

> John,
>
> UPS will charge a $50 cdn brokerage fee, or at least they did as of last
> year. Fed-Ex is much more reasonable in their gouging, and in my
> experience much more prompt to deliver. Your best bet, as someone else
> has noted, is to use regular mail, as you may find that you are not
> charged taxes at all (it's sort of hit and miss). Most photo equipment
> is exempt of duties, but not of taxes.
>
> Bernard

The UPS tariff is detailed at

http://www.ups.com/canada/using/software/currentrates/engcustoms_rates.html

It looks quite specific and I can't find any reference to a blanket $50
levy. If you can please let me know.

John

Replies: Reply from Bernard Cousineau <flatbroke@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Air freight shipments - UK to Canada)