Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: photo criticism...
From: Isaac Crawford <isaac@visi.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:14:26 -0400

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 4/26/01 6:25 PM, Jim Brick at jim_brick@agilent.com wrote:
>
> > No, not at all. I do not understand your term "over produced?"
> >
> > These images, in the flesh, are stunning.
>
> my reaction was
>
> a) very nice if you like this kind of thing
>
> BUT
>
> b) Velvia overload. WAY oversaturated for me. Also the very consistent
> warmth of them is quite monotonous. Like eating ten huge sundaes in a row.

	Perfect analogy... I also find many "beautiful" pictures very obvious,
kind of like a stop sign... I see it, I get the idea, and then... next
picture! Not that I have anything against capturing a beautiful image,
lord knows I try all the time :-) The images that keep me coming back
are always the more subtle ones... people like Miserach (sp?), Baltz,
Freidlander have images that I don't mind seeing again and again because
I might "see" something different...

Isaac