Subject: [Leica] RGB... DOA or MIA?
From: Donna-Lee Phillips <dlp@pacific.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:03:12 -0700

Does anyone know if RGB is still available anywhere? It is 35 mm movie
film stock cut up and cassette-loaded, and  used to be sold and
processed by Seattle Film Works, and longer ago RGB and an outfit in
Texas. There was an option of negs & slides, plus prints if requested,
and later really dreadful scans to disk which they insisted on cropping,
thus destroying my 'full frame' intentions.

Now, apparently, all Seattle Film Works offers is prints or online
management of my negatives, including such really important features as
cute little frames to put around my images when they send them out for
me to my e-mail list, or some such drek.

The film cannot be processed by normal color film labs, but I had gotten
quite used to the palette, and would really like to be able to find it
again. The deal was that they'd send you replacement film along with the
color negs (uncut, in a roll, which is precisely how I wanted them) and
the slides. If it can be got anywhere by mail, even if it's more
expensive now--when I used the slides for teaching, they cost about 1/4
of comparable 'retail' films--I'd really like to find it again.

Thanks...

Donna-Lee