Subject: Re: [Leica] Welcome...
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:09:36 -0500

> on 4/19/01 4:42 PM, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:
>
>> My experience with covering demonstrations is the first one is quite
>> exciting and easy to get some great photos, but after that your shots all
>> start to look like you have already done that before. The only thing that
>> might be different is the message on the signs they are carrying.
>>
>> If you are NOT working press, do one demonstration for your portfolio then
>> move on.

Johnny Deadman replied:

> I think that's very true. In this case the whole globalisation protest thing
> is something I'm interested in, which was my motive for going.

......and I agree with the reasons for your interest in this global politic,
it is just after having done numerous demonstrations, peaceful and otherwise
I was trying to point out the pictures may look similiar to the May Day
demonstration you did in London last year.

Also, this is not really Street Photography, so go if you want to protest
against the drift toward a one world government, leave your Leicas at home
because there will be thousands of demo photos taken by the news
organizations.

sl