Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW Update (matt kollasch) / Color neg film under flourescent?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:01:33 -0700

Matt Kollasch wrote:

>>> What is the best negative color film (need the exposure latitude of neg
> film) for a shoot in school classrooms that are lit w/ fluorescent
> lighting.  I will not be using a flash (I hope) and I don't have any
> filters to compensate for the lighting.<<<<<

Hi Matt,
Film?

From the results of a recent assignment where we shot about 40 plus rolls of
colour neg under all kinds of mixed light, fluorescent, daylight, mercury
vapor combinations and oh yeah tungsten also. We used Kodak Supra 800!

The results of using Supra 800 were quite remarkable. I'd say run with that,
as you have speed for available classroom lighting, plus fine grain and good
looking colour.

On the other hand,  there will now be 329 other observations and film
choices posted to completely cloud your mind in answer to your question! ;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] now (matt kollasch) / Color neg film under flourescent?)