Subject: [Leica] Epson Printer Replacement
From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:52:33 -0600

My 3-year-old Epson just bit the dust this weekend (you'd be amazed at how
many tiny parts are in one of those things...), and I need a replacement.
I've looked for response to the 980, which is the one I'm inclining toward
(come on, Eileen), but can't find much feedback from users (LUG archives,
etc) on it. Would anyone on the LUG care to steer me closer or farther from
this printer? I'd like to pick up a printer which I could upgrade to Cone
quadtone someday in the future, and one that won't break the bank now (the
980 is at US$200 after the rebate).

Many thanks.