Subject: [Leica] Medium format camera
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:02:09 -0700

><Snip> And oh yeah, we could see if we were about to be
> hit by
> >
> ...> Yeah, but you'd run the wrong way ;-)
>
> Er . . . my head was not glued to the viewfinder, so I could
> see them coming at me; besides it only takes a little
> practice to get used to the reverse image in a TLR, kinda
> like finding reverse in a VW.

A waist level viewfinder such as i use on my Rolleiflex 2.8 F TLR and
Hasselblads has me shooting from the hip in a way which frees me from burying my
head in a camera box.
In many ways i get shots and so in effect shoot faster than i do with any eye
level camera, format aside.
Nothing beats being face to face with what one is shooting.

When they're coming at you from all directions; when the pies are in the air:
waist level viewfinder cameras are where I'd like to be. You can see em coming
and either go for the shot or duck.

Mark Rabiner
to be continued....

Portland, Oregon