Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri-Elmar
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:07:14 -0700

I didn't remember this, so I dug out my IB.  The only reference to bollixed frame lines that I could find is on pg. 13, where they say that on some older models of camera, multiple frames lines may appear simultaneously.  FWIW, I have to go through 35 to 50 on my Hexar, but not on my M6's, either the .58 or .72.

The IB also includes MTF graphs, and I just compared them to Photodo's graphs for Nikkor and Leica primes - the 50/1.8 or 2.0, 35/2.0 and 28/2.8.  I'm not dure what this says about Leica or Photodo's MTF procedures, but at f/8 the published graphs for the 3E are better than those on Photodo for the equivalent prime lenses from either Nikon or Leica.  I'm perplexed, but of course happy to believe Leica's published info in this case :-)

The 3E is a remarkable lens, and one that I'm every bit as addicted to it as other posters have indicated.  A great travel/trolling lens.

Paul