Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Recipe for pinhole cap
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:46:51 +0800

> Tsing Tao is
> in fact a city in North East China with a very strong German connection.
> Adrian, please correct me if I am wrong!

Yes it was formerly under German control. The brewery was in fact founded by
British interests, expanded by Japanese and enjoyed by many! The beer is
very good indeed and nowadays is produced entirely with German brewing
equipment much if it installed by the cousin of the chief photographer of
Reuters (a Bavarian who was, he claims, born on a brewery floor). The water
used has always been a very good mineral water from a nearby holy
mountain...

The typical Chinese building on the beer label was designed by a White
Russian whose family is now spread as far apart as St Petersburg and Hong
Kong...

Oh the tales. Just enjoy a good beer.

To tell the truth I have a preference for Guinness and have just had a
bottle of Foreign Extra Stout (my favourite) brewed in Shenzhen. Not as good
as the Malaysian brew though...

Rs

Adrian
- --