Subject: Re: [Leica] Low Light Lens Dilemma: 35 Lux or Noctilux?
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 22:44:03 -0700

> Tell me NOC shooters...do you consistently reach for
> your f/1 buddy when the sun goes down/lights dim...or
> are you stoking your Summicrons w/ high speed film or
> slipping on a LUX?

It is my "ready for anything" lens.  I am natural at using the 50mm focal
length, and the lens is capable of recording images in more situations than
practically all other lenses in existance.  When in doubt, I take out the
Noct.

> I'm afraid the NOC is so specialized - it'll become as
> functional as my Nikon fish-eye...nice every once and
> a while - but not my first choice for the job.

The only drawback is the bulk.  Still, an M body and a Noct is lighter than
many SLR + 50mm lens combination.  Combined with Tom's Rapidwinder, it's
such a dangerous weapon that it should be listed as controlled substance...
Terribly addictive to boot.