Subject: [Leica] Waiting for Leica parts is now: Leica Repair?
From: "Horacio Sofi" <morggan@speakeasy.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:26:12 -0400

Hi Matt,
My case is worst Matt, because at the end of June 2000 I sent my Noctilux
for repair to Germany through Leica Camera (New Jersey) after the lens had
received an impact that caused a barrel focusing problem. They were
committed to repair it and my nocti was returned  to me in September. The
cost of repair was  $136.50.
   When several weeks later I first tried the lens, I noticed that it had no
been fixed properly.
   The lens still didn't focused on the infinite. At the end of January I
sent the lens back to Germany (again, through Leica Camera (New Jersey), and
a week ago they sent to me an estimate of $238.00, saying that the lens
shows "signs of impact damage and the bayonet ring must be repaired" (?).
That was exactly the problem for wich I sent the lens to repair the first
time!! And the lens didn-t received any further impact after it came back to
me from Germany, so the problem is de the same. The manager of Leica Camera
(New Jersey, probably Ms. Brenda Olesin suggested me to contact Leica
Germany and I sent in Monday a letter to Mr. Horst Braun c/c Hans-Peter
Cohn, whose answer I'm waiting.
Sincerely,
Horacio Sofi