Subject: Re: [Leica] OT was Photoshop! The Leica of...
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:36:07 +0200

> just to add a bit more to this - I understand that it was a version of the
> Turing machine which was used to decode messages from the 'Enigma' coding
> machine during WWII.
>
> The centre for receiving these messages was at Bletchley Park .  FWIW
> Bletchley is now part of Milton Keynes - where Leica UK are based - phew had
> to work that in ;-))

Just some of my nationalist blabbery :)

Polish mathematicians started working on deciphering Enigma code in early 1927.
In early 1938, decrypting Enigma messages haven't been a major problem for them..

For mathematical theory of Enigma, please look at:
http://insci14.ucsd.edu/~ma187s/students/enigma.html

For full story:
http://home.us.net/~encore/Enigma/enigma.html

And some more, about Turing machine and Enigma:
http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hangar/4040/bombe.html

For Basic Enigma Machine look at:
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~conrad/krypto/misc/enigma.bas

- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace

Message from "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net> (Re: [Leica] OT was Photoshop! The Leica of...)