Subject: Re: [Leica] Low Light Lens Dilemma: 35 Lux or Noctilux?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:28:51 -0700

ara ayer wrote:
> help me make my decision.  The lens will primarily be
> used at night on the street and in jazz bars/clubs.  Let me know,<<<<<<

Ara,

Well if you are going to be using it on the street at night and in jazz
clubs you have only one lens.... the Noctilux!

Yep the 35 asph is a great lens wide open, but the Noctilux sucks in light
at f1.0 that even the asph 35 doesn't, just use them both under exactly the
same light conditions and same film and you'll be surprised at what's on the
Noctilux film that isn't there or much less visible from the asph.

Why? Well Erwin could explain the technical aspects of that, me?

I just use it and see what happens on film, B&W as well as colour with a
Noctilux that doesn't happen with any other lens even when you jockey the
film ratings.

Go Noctilux for what you want to do there isn't any other choice!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant