Subject: Re: [Leica] [leica] Question! Here comes anudder one!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 12:02:58 -0400

Dear Dan (Posing As An Idiot Which You Clearly Aren't)...

First....I am seriously ADD and manual impaired...I don't do How Tos and
Manuals...I just load software and go...or unload the carton and put the
damn piece of furniture together - then curse, take it apart, and redo
it right.....And I've been using PhotoShop for just about two years
now...It is a VERY steep learning curve, but you do indeed learn by
osmosis....it is worth taking the plunge....

Now...as to Corel...I have the Corel Paint program - which is the
PhotoShop clone - although I don't have the full suite...I used it
exclusively for about six months before getting PS.....It is very close
to photoshop in features. In some respects it was easier to use,
although I haven't played with it in a while, so I can't tell you how it
was easier...

The one thing I can tell you is that it is damn close to free....I
didn't buy the program, I bought an upgrade that was well under $100
because I had a theory that the upgrade from Corel was really the whole
program....and it was!:-)......

So if you're not ready to make the photoshop cost plunge, go Corel...But
don't go Corel thinking that it's a dumbed down photoshop...it's not...

B. D.
(Who Knows That Dan's Stupid Act Is Just That ;-) )