Subject: Re: [Leica] Trashing
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 1 Apr 2001 15:59:43 -0700

On Sun, 01 April 2001, Mark Rabiner wrote:

<SNIP>
> What the R system needs is a field camera. A small spunky camera to put all the
> Leica R glass on.
> The R6.2 is functional but has no sizzle. A camera has got to me marketed...
> like the new Sony digital camera.
> Contax has it's Aria to round of this end of it's SLR manual focus system http://www.contaxcameras.com/
> i think Leica needs something similar.
> Give them a cheep sexy body to put Leica R glass on.
> Then later a certain percentage of them will move up to the big pro level bodies.
>
> Mark Rabiner
>
> Portland, Oregon
> USA
>
> http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

I agree, and they don't have to make it a Leica brand body, just R-compatible; same with lenses.  Leicamat?  Minox-R?  It would be easier to sell the R-system if people who are thinking of switching to R know they aren't limited to premium-priced stuff for their backup body or seldom-used lenses.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe