Subject: [Leica] Re: Not Leica quality
From: rshuntl@netscape.net (Steve Huntley)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 17:31:49 -0400

Hi Julian,
   Thanks for your thoughts. I never considered decentering by the adapter; the adapter looked OK. I don't think there was a problem with the M6 meter (which I found to be excellent); the center was exposed perfectly; it was the severe vignetting (I meant underexposure not overexposure--excuse my poor editing of my message). Another Lugger has suggested that I may have got a lemon unworthy of the true capabilities of the lens. Maybe I'll give it another try. I understand your comment about not being able to shoot with it. 15mm is truly amazing, and I had some problems with some of my pictures but the composition/perspective on others was just right. It was that damned severe vignetting that was so disappointing.
    Steve