Subject: Re: [Leica] Not Leica quality
From: "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:15:18 +0200

> developed the film and printed (via Photoshop) the results. On Saturday, I
> returned the lens and got a refund. ......snip.....
>
> but the the overexposure was so great that there was little detail there
and
> what there was, was very fuzzy. In my opinion, this is an overrated
> lens.<<<<<<

Hi Steve,
I too got rid of my heliar, but not for quality reasons - I just couldn't
shoot with it! Photog problem not lens. The overexposure you mention could
be that the 15 will give a lot more foreground or sky (depends which way you
tilt it!) into the meter and I doubt if you can use the internal meter with
it without compensation. Quality wise, mine was great! Did you try swapping
adaptors as i think I read that some 'decentred' more than others?

Julian

Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Not Leica quality)