Subject: [Leica] Not Leica quality
From: rshuntl@netscape.net (Steve Huntley)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:18:11 -0500

    On Thursday I bought a 15mm Heliar. On Friday, I shot photos with it, developed the film and printed (via Photoshop) the results. On Saturday, I returned the lens and got a refund.
    Sharpness/resolution was pretty good in the center, contrast was OK--but vignetting was worse than I thought possible. Photoshop managed to lighten the corners and edges (the left edge exhibited very bad vignetting) but the the overexposure was so great that there was little detail there and what there was, was very fuzzy. In my opinion, this is an overrated lens.
    Steve

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Not Leica quality)
Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Not Leica quality)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Not Leica quality)