Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan - scanner
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:39:40 +0200

Hi Jim,

I do not have a problem lining up the negative strip in the film holder, it is
just that you lose a tiny little bit (maybe 1/2 mm) from the top and bottom. With
the dedicated negative unit this does not happen but it jams, so I do not bother
using it anymore. I do not see how mounting the negatives in slide mounts would
help, since with all the slide mounts I know (Gepe etc.) you also lose a small
area along the edges. So my canine problem would still not be solved.

Nathan

Jim Hemenway wrote:

> Nathan:
>
> I have the same problem with the negative holder in my LS-20. One almost
> has to use a loupe in order to line up the frames correctly.  I've come
> to the same conclusion as Tina.
>
> Jim

- --
Nathan Wajsman