Subject: [Leica] Used SL or SL2
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:13:12 EST

Tom:

In your situation, I would recommend that you get the R6.2 or another Leica R
camera.  You cannot use ROM lenses with the SL or SL2 because the ROM
contacts would be damaged by those camera bodies.  I have two SLs (one chrome
and one black) and one SL2 MOT, and they are magnificently built all manual
and mechanical cameras.  With periodic CLAs, they should last a 100 years!  I
also have a R8 and a grand total of 7 Leica R lenses!  I bought the R8
because of its meter and TTL flash capability.  All the lenses are non-ROM
and 3-cam, so I can use them on any of my Leica SLR bodies.  I have
deliberately bought only used 3-cam lenses in mint condition. I originally
started with a SL and a 60mm/f2.8 macro lens.  Be warned though, you are
already infected with the Leica Virus!  Once you see the amazing quality of
the Leica R lenses in your projected slides, nothing else will satisfy you!
 :-)

Sincerely,

Muhammad

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D